I had a religious insight today and needed to put it down somewhere so I chose here. Lucky I had this available or my little moment of pure genius might have slipped away with the next minor crisis.
Heavenly father gives a glimpse at the future but his timing is undetermined. He does not say when it is to happen just that it will happen. His words are without fail according to many biblical statements. So knowing this we should all listen and obey. Yet we don't. We prefer to procrastinate and hope to see tell tail signs to warn us only moments before the doom. And amazingly enough we have JUST THAT! We call it the Holy Spirit. He tells us it may happen and the spirit screams that it is happening NOW!
I have been told to be vigilant in putting my car keys in their proper place, in organizing things properly instead of stuffing, in properly reading my scriptures every day. Yet with all these small, medium and large instructions I have waited until I found a sign that something bad was about to happen. There have been countless times that the keys were lost to the underside of a laundry basket. A billion times of not being able to find scarves or gloves on the first snow day. And days filled with pain, anger and loneliness that could be relieved by reaching for the book that is a living testament to the joys, patience and companionship of my father in heaven.
But instead I wait for the signs. WHAT A MORON I AM! Do I really need to learn the lesson of the lost keys on the day I am late for a job interview? Do I really need to wait for snow flakes to organize my "stuff"? And do I need to wait for the still small voice to urge me to reach out for a solution? The answer to all of these things is NO!!!!!!!!!
So I guess I need to remember to prepare for that which my father has been warning me may come. And to stop waiting for the holy spirit to interpret the words with a sense of danger. His timing is one that has no determination but thankfully the holy spirit's prompting is much more knowledgeable about the time. So believe thy Father to begin with and only rely on the spirit as a reminder never as a final prompting.
No comments:
Post a Comment