Sunday, September 11, 2011

Time to weed the garden....

Ten years ago this was a beginning not an end. The beginning of hundreds of thousands of families being torn apart by a brutal act that, while it claimed the lives of nearly 3000 people, also spread the diseased seeds of hatred to millions more. Some seeds grew fast while others have lain dormant until they received the right (or should I say wrong) encouragement to grow. But all have busted up the foundation of our sense of security with their roots.

I am not anti-war, anti-government or anti-muslim  but today I am definitely anti-hate! And today, I plan to take one of those seeds that have grown in my heart and pull it out; roots and all! Then I am going to use it to fuel a fire for change. I will use the light from that fire to illuminate truth instead of the lies that fertilize those seeds. And I will use the flame to light a fire under my ass when I grow complacent and forget to be vigilant in my gardening.

My name is Loreen Herman and I promise that I am going to support my country, love my soldiers, raise my children to appreciate freedom and promote understanding to all that meet me. Why? Because I am a child of god, I am an American, I am a supporter of democracy and I am the beginning of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment